The Combustion Institute would like to make its members aware of a funding opportunity through the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
The listing seeks ideas that span observation and information system technologies that:
- Enhance capabilities of existing science instruments needed for monitoring pre-fire, active-fire, and post-fire environments.
- Reduce mass and power of instruments for accommodation by next-generation small spacecraft and aerial platforms.
- Enable unprecedented measurements from multiple vantage points through model-directed, coordinated observations using autonomous tasking.
- Address computational challenges for modeling and for data acquisition, fusion, and processing in a real-time environment.
- Facilitate machine learning and artificial intelligence to create new data products needed for wildland fire management and for management of the constellation of observing platforms.
Enable the seamless exchange of information between spaceborne, airborne, and in-situ assets.
The full listing can be found here.