The Nordic Flame Days are the Nordic meeting point for everybody involved in combustion or combustion-related processes. Some of the successful events were held previously in 2015 (Copenhagen), 2017 (Stockholm), and 2019 (Turku).
The Combustion Institute Scandinavian-Nordic Section (CINS) and Swedish Flame Research Committee (SFRC) are pleased to announce that the Nordic Flame Days 2023 will take place in Trondheim in November 2023. A workshop on solid fuels and combustion processes towards the future, funded by Nordic Energy Research, as well as a CINS topical meeting on carbon-free energy carriers, will be arranged during the Nordic Flame Days 2023.
List of Topics
The Nordic Flame Days program will combine social and technical activities, including keynotes and technical presentations on recent progress made in topics such as but not limited to:
- Reaction kinetics of combustion
- Laminar and turbulent flames
- Flexibility of thermal fuel conversion systems
- Pyrolysis, gasification, and combustion of solid fuels
- Droplet and spray combustion
- Combustion in internal combustion engines and gas turbines
- Fuel characterisation
- Combustion diagnostics
- Emission control and CO2mitigation
- Ash management and corrosion
- Abstract submission period opens – July 2023
- Extended deadline for abstract submission – 25 September 2023
- Notification of acceptance – 2 October 2023
- Registration (Open, early bird, and deadline) – TBD
- Nordic Flame Days 2023 – 29-30 November 2023
Abstract contributions should not exceed two pages (including possible references) and can contain one figure. For the abstract, please use the template accompanying this call, available for download from the submission link. Remember to include all authors of the work and their affiliation clearly. It is possible to present work that has been published recently in a scientific journal.