The Cambridge Combustion Summer School will have its first installment in 2019. The educational programme is aimed at the intermediate graduate student already engaged in research, and includes experimental and computational practicals.
Date and Location
The activities are scheduled for the week of 7-12 July 2019 at the University of Cambridge. Accommodation is arranged at Churchill College, lectures will take place at the Institute for Manufacturing, and the practicals at the Engineering Department.
- Alison Tomlin, University of Leeds: chemical kinetics and laminar flames
- Robert Barlow, Sandia National Laboratories: optical diagnostics
- Bill Jones, Imperial College: turbulent flames and LES
- Jackie Chen, Sandia National Laboratories: direct numerical simulations
- Chrstian Hasse, TU Darmstadt
- Guillermo Rein, Imperial College
- Roger Cracknell, Shell
- Derek Bradley, University of Leeds
- 18 February Applications open
- 15 March Applications close
- 31 March Acceptance notifications sent
- 1 April Registrations open
- 24 May Registrations close