2019 Fall WSSCI Meeting
The Western States Section Combustion Institute (WSSCI) is a non-profit educational and scientific society whose purpose is to promote the science and application of combustion for the benefit of society. The Fall Meeting of the WSSCI will be held on 14-15 October 2019 in Albuquerque, NM.
Invited Speakers include:
- Hai Wang, Stanford University, Modeling combustion chemistry of real fuels
- Sara McAllister, United States Forest Service, Making friends with wildfire
Technical papers are solicited on all aspects of combustion. Papers may cover a broad range of focus, from fundamental combustion phenomena to practical applications of combustion technology. Papers from industrial organizations are strongly encouraged. Please note that presentation of a paper at this meeting does not constitute archival publication.
Dates and deadlines
- Abstract submission (~100 to 200 words): August 5, 2019 (extension)
- Abstract acceptance notification: August 12, 2019
- Full paper submission (at least five  pages): August 31, 2019
- Student Award Deadline: September 13, 2019
- Early Registration Deadline: September 13, 2019
- Hotel Registration Deadline: September 30, 2019
- Late Registration Deadline: October 9, 2019
The meeting will be held in the Albuquerque Marriott Hotel which is conveniently located in the Uptown area and an easy walk to numerous restaurants, shopping, trails, and a movie theater. In addition to the being the meeting location, the hotel offers newly renovated guest rooms for which we have secured a Group Guest Room Rate of $94.00. Please consider reserving early through the supplied link to ensure the group rate for yourself and WSSCI.
Cancellation Policy and Refunds
Written requests for cancellation of event registration and refunds for registration fees received up to seven (7) calendar days prior to the start of the event will be honored less a 20% processing fee. No refunds will be issued after that date. To request a cancellation and refund please contact The Combustion Institute headquarters: Office@CombustionInstitute.org. Refunds cannot be processed through the website as payment information is not retained. You will be contacted for additional information regarding the refund process.
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coal, Biomass Combustion, and Gasification
- Detonations, Explosions, and Supersonic Combustion
- Environmental Aspects of Combustion
- Heterogeneous Combustion, Sprays, and Droplets
- Internal Combustion and Gas Turbine Engines
- Laminar Flames
- Microcombustion and New Combustion Devices
- Stationary Combustion Systems
- Turbulent Flames