The U.S. National Combustion Meeting has been organized biennially since 1999 by the joint US Sections of The Combustion Institute (the Western States Section or WSSCI, the Eastern States Section or ESSCI, and the Central States Section or CSSCI). The 12th U.S. National Combustion Meeting will be held virtually, with Texas A&M and the CSSCI serving as hosts. We expect more than 600 students, scientists, and engineers at this virtual meeting, representing the leading edge of combustion research in the United States. The technical program will begin on Monday morning, 24 May and will end mid-day on Wednesday, 26 May.
Please find a draft of the technical program here.
The 12th U.S. National Combustion Meeting will feature Plenary Lectures by:
· Tami Bond, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Colorado State University
· Sara McAllister, Forest Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture
· Michael Winter, Pratt & Whitney Raytheon Technologies Corporation
The Early Career Investigator Plenary Lecture will be given by Michael Mueller, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University
U.S. Department of Energy Panel featuring:
· Alicia Lindauer, Bioenergy Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
· Michael Weismiller, Vehicle Technologies Office, U.S. Department of Energy
National Science Foundation Panel featuring:
· John W. Daily, CBET, NSF
· Ying Sun, CBET, NSF
· William Olbricht, CBET, NSF
The organizing committee for the upcoming 12th U.S. National Combustion Meeting is planning a Women in Combustion lunch event on Tuesday, 25 May from 11:50 - 12:50 (CDT). This event will involve exchanges among female participants from academia, government, and industry on topics determined from the below participant survey. Discussions will be facilitated through different break-out rooms and individual conversations.
The ultimate goal is to learn from each other and create a sense of community where everyone can share their thoughts and ideas freely. If you are interested in participating in this event, please fill out the survey form by 14 May. Note: You must be registered for the meeting to attend the Women in Combustion Lunch.
If you have any questions, please contact the CI office at email@example.com.
If you are interested in participating in the Career Development and Mentoring mixer on Monday, May 24, from 17:15 to 18:45 (CDT) as a mentee, please complete the below survey so we are able to personalize the topics and mentors to the audience as best as possible. Note: You must be registered for the meeting to attend the mixer.
- Alternative Fuels and Emissions
- Combustion Theory and Modeling
- Droplet and Sprays
- Fire Research
- Industrial and Applied Combustion
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Laminar Flames
- Novel Combustion Techniques
- Particulates and Multiphase Flows
- Reacting Kinetics
- Supersonic Combustion
- Turbulent Combustion