As you are aware the situation with COVID-19 (the Coronavirus) is evolving and the conference organizers are keeping a close watch on the situation. At this stage, the conference will be going ahead as planned. However, if the situation worsens then we may have to postpone the conference to a later date. Rest assured, the safety of our delegates is of utmost importance to us. Below we provide information to keep you all informed:

  1. Papers: All papers accepted for presentation at the symposium will proceed for consideration for publication in the proceedings as planned.
  2. Registration: We are proceeding on a ‘business as usual’ basis and delegates are encouraged to register for the symposium. We have extended the Early Bird registration to 30th of May in order to allow maximum flexibility and time for delegates to make their own decision.
  3. Symposium Date: The symposium is scheduled for 12th-17th of July 2020. In early May, we will make a decision as to whether we continue with this date or we postpone the symposium to a later date. We will be guided by WHO general advice and any potential travel ban to Australia.
    1. If the conference is postponed then your registration fee will be carried over to the new date;
    2. If the symposium dates are to changes and you cannot attend then your registration fees will be refunded in FULL.
  4. Flights and Accommodation: We recommend that you read the terms and conditions when you book flights and accommodation, so you are fully aware of any potential additional cost associated with changing the date of your bookings.
  5. Visas: Those needing Visa may want to start the internal approval processes early but delay applying to Australian Immigration until the situation is clearer.

We are sorry that this outbreak has created some uncertainty but we are determined to stage the best and most enjoyable symposium possible.

We look forward to welcome you all to Adelaide soon. 

Approved by:
The Executive Committee
The Program Co-Chairs
The Local Host Team