Chemistry Modeling with CONVERGE Workshop
March 19, 2023 - March 19, 2023
CONVERGE is an innovative, multi-purpose computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software that can provide insight into many systems, including internal combustion engines, fuel injectors, sprays, aftertreatment systems, gas turbines, and electric vehicle components.
CONVERGE also features a variety of tools to perform calculations involving chemical kinetics:
- Zero- and one-dimensional calculators for estimating ignition delay, extinction limits, and laminar flame speed
- Table generation tools for the Flamelet Generated Manifold (FGM) model, tabulated laminar flamespeed (TLF), and tabulated kinetics of ignition (TKI)
- Mechanism extraction, merge, and reduction tools for extracting fuel chemistry from a larger multi-fuel mechanism and combining and decreasing the size of mechanisms
- Mechanism tuning tool to optimize reaction mechanisms
- Pathway flux analysis tool to visualize reaction pathways
- Surrogate blender tool to generate multi-component fuel surrogates
The morning session of this workshop will cover how to set up these tools in CONVERGE Studio (the pre-processor for CONVERGE). The afternoon session will focus on strategies to effectively use these chemistry tools in CFD combustion simulations for various applications, including H2 combustion.
The registration fee includes a lunch buffet and a morning and afternoon break.
Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center
177 Joe Routt Blvd
College Station , TX 77844 United States of America
Section: USA Central States