On 28 January, 2018, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology will open the doors of the Clean Combustion Research Center to the brightest engineering and chemistry students worldwide for the first "Clean Combustion Winter School". Students passionate about climate change and energy sustainability will learn about the key role of combustion for a cleaner future and how to turn their passion into action.
During the three-week program, students will learn about the hottest topic in combustion research, by conducting experiments and simulations using state-of-the-art experimental and computation facilities. Daily lectures will complement the research activity providing the necessary background.
- 3 weeks for 3 hot topics of combustion science: engines, flames and fuels.
- Small class of 15 of the best engineering students.
- Selection based on grades, motivation and reference letters.
Successful applicants will receive full funding for round-trip airfare, health insurance, on campus hotel accommodations, visa costs and associated expenses, and a stipend for a three-week period
Who can apply?
Bachelor and Master students enrolled in the last year of Mechanical, Nuclear, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Applied Mathematics, or other closely related program
- Application deadline: 15 October, 2017
- Acceptance announcement: 15 November, 2017
- Completion of the visa process: 31 December, 2017
- Arrival at KAUST of the invited students: 26 January, 2018
To Register go to https://ccws.kaust.edu.sa/Pages/registration.aspx