Subjects of interest for this Seminar include pyrotechnics, propellants and explosives and devices that utilize these materials, processes used to make them, and the physical and chemical principles and processes involved in their design, characterization, reaction, testing, operation and aging.
- All aspects of Pyrotechnics
- Fuel/oxidizer formulations
- Insensitive energetic materials
- Sensitivity and safety
- Solid rocket propellants
- Environmental considerations
- Nano‐particles in energetic materials
- Testing methods and devices
- Manufacturing processes; twin‐screwextruders, coacervation, co‐precipitation,
- Computational methods applied toenergetics
- Detonation Science
- Improvised explosive devices (IEDs)
- Initiators and initiation
- Regulations and standards applicable to energetics; STANAGs, etc.
- Synthesis of explosive, propellant, and pyrotechnic ingredients
- Formulation of explosive, propellant, and pyrotechnic compositions
- Unusual applications of energetic materials
- Conventional/non‐conventional explosives
- Commercial fireworks (R&D, processing, safety, materials, etc.)
- Commercial explosives and pyrotechnics for blasting, excavation, drilling, and mining
- Registration and abstracts will all be handled through the Seminar Coordinator:
- Linda Crouse – IPSUSA 2018 Seminar Coordinator
- O. Box 621633, Littleton, Colorado 80162‐1633 USA
- Phone: 303.601.8550 Fax: 303.904.3965
- E‐mail: LcrouseIPSUSASeminars@gmail.com
- Questions about details of the logistics for registration and other arrangements may be directed to her.
- David F. Dye of NSWC Crane Division, David.F.Dye@navy.mil and Dr. Jared D. Moretti of U.S. Army
- RDECOM‐ARDEC, firstname.lastname@example.org will chair this Seminar. As more information about the
- Seminar becomes available, it will be posted on the website at http://www.ipsusa‐seminars.org.
- If you wish to be placed on the mailing list for future announcements of the Seminar, please contact
- Linda Crouse at LcrouseIPSUSASeminars@gmail.com, phone 303.601.8550, or fax 303.904.3965.
- Copies of Proceedings from previous IPS Seminars held in the US (and some non‐US) are available in book and CD form for sale at http://www.ipsusa‐seminars.org/publications/.