The Saudi Arabian Section of the Combustion Institute (SASCI) invites authors to submit abstracts and participate in the 13th SASCI Annual Conference. The conference will be held on 25-26 October 2023 at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
The main theme of this year’s program is “Towards Sustainable Energy Future” and during the two-day conference, four plenary lectures and five panel discussions will provide insight into the role of combustion in enabling a sustainable energy future. Three poster sessions will give an overview of the new research trends and major achievements in the field.
This meeting will be a great opportunity to bring together professionals from various fields of combustion, fostering networking and the development of insights into next generation solutions for a sustainable future.
We invite the submission of high-quality research related to the conference theme "Towards Sustainable Energy Future" for presentation as posters at this event, encouraging contributions that span a range of sub-themes including that include, but are not limited to:
- Fundamental combustion experiments and modelling
- Combustion diagnostics and reaction kinetics
- Low emissions internal combustion engines
- The role of plasma in decarbonisation
- Sustainable fuels
- Combustion in mineral processing and steelmaking
- AI and machine learning in combustion
- Aerospace propulsion of the future
All authors are required to submit a 2-page extended abstract. Please note that submission of a full technical paper is not required for this meeting. Abstracts will be shared with other attendees but will not be posted on any website.
Extended Abstract Submission Information:
- 21 August 2023 - Extended abstract submission begins
- 25 September 2023 - Extended Abstract submissoin deadline (23:59 EDT)
- 27 September 2023 - Extended Abstract (accept/reject) notification)
- 9 October 2023 - Tentative Draft Program
- 21 August 2023 - Registration opens
- 28 September 2023 - Early registration deadline (23:59 EDT)
- 19 October 2023 - Online registration deadline (23:59 EDT)
More information is available in the Call for Abstracts.
- Combustion Technology
- Emission Mitigation from Flames
- Explosions, Hazards, Detonation Applications and Supersonic Combustion
- Fire Research
- Flame Dynamics and Transport Processes
- Gas-Phase Reaction Kinetics
- Heterogeneous Combustion
- Low-Carbon Technologies
- Numerical Combustion
- Turbulent Flames