ECM is a forum for knowledge transfer in the eld of combustion and related scientic and technological disciplines between academic researchers, graduate students and combustion professionals, aiming ultimately to promote combustion research in Europe.
During the 3 days of the forum, 5 plenary lectures and poster sessions will cover the most advanced topics of combustion. The poster presentations will provide an excellent opportunity to obtain an uptodate view of the current research trends.
ECM 2023 provides the opportunity for the academic and industrial combustion experts to meet and have discussions on all areas of combustion, particularly those related to the following topics:
- Basic physical and chemical aspects of traditional and new fuel sources
- Reaction kinetics of combustion
- Laminar and turbulent ames
- Combustion emissions, pollutants, soot and particulates
- Combustion of solid fuels
- Droplet and spray combustion
- Combustion in internal combustion engines and gas turbines
- Stationary combustion systems and environmental impact
- Detonations, res and explosions
- Combustion diagnostics
- New concepts in combustion technology
In addition to this, ECM allows for the submission of workshop proposals, to be held 24 and 25 April 2022:
Submission Guidelines (Maximum of 5 pages)
- Title of the workshop
- Description of the technical issues covered, emphasizing the timelines of the proposed topics of the workshop
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and a tentative schedule
- Preferred day of the workshop: 24th and/or 25th of April 2023
- The workshop’s potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal submission – The address will be required later following the workshop proposal’s acceptance)
- If appropriate, a description of the past versions of the workshop, including number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc.
Please note that the organisation is to be entirely supported by the workshop organiser.
Submission deadline: 4th July 2022
Proposals by the prospective chairs should be submitted to email@example.com, which will be evaluated by the Organizing and Scientific Committees. The ECM organisation reserves the possibility to refuse due to the limited time and space available.
ECM 2023 Key Dates
- Conference dates: 26-28 April 2023
- Abstract submission opens: 1 October 2022
- Abstract submission deadline: 1 December 2022 (Extended to 18 December 2022)
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 1 January 2023
- Full paper submission: 1 March 2022
The ECM 2023 will follow the tradition and the format established by the previous ECM meetings:
- ECM 2003 - Orleans, France
- ECM 2005 - Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
- ECM 2007 - Chania, Greece
- ECM 2009 - Vienna, Austria
- ECM 2011 - Cardiff, UK
- ECM 2013 - Lund, Sweden
- ECM 2015 - Budapest, Hungary
- ECM 2017 - Dubrovnik, Croatia
- ECM 2019 - Lisboa, Portugal
- ECM 2021 - Napoli, Italy
The ECM 2023 will gather together 500+ participants from 40+ countries.
The organizers hope that ECM 2023 will be a memorable event for all the participants.